Business & Finance

Friday, July 16, 2010

Can Bank of America block my debit card where I get direct deposit Social Security?

I live in Brazil and I gave Bank of America a PO Box number. I need a new debit card because the present one expires07/2010. They dont send cards to PO Box numbers so I sent them my old address number, now they say its a new address and they put a block on the new card. I need that money from Social Security to live on. Is what theyve done lawful?

Charles S Moore.
You will receive the new card in a week or so. Its just one of those things. You gave them a change of address. Thats why they consider it to be a new address and cancelled your old card because it may be lost in the mail or someone else could have gotten it so it was for your protection.
I hope you get the new one. Do you have direct deposit and that is why you need a debit card? I thought all overseas residents had to receive SS in the mail. The block is on the old card, not new one. Did you call the BofA main number here in the U.S.?

Report Abuse



Yes.



Your bank account is following standard rules to prevent fraud.



(It is not TRYING to prevent you from accessing the money)



Write a check for pete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Finance